I am an ACE Gold-Certified Medical Exercise Specialist, and an AAHFRP-Certified Post Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist. In addition, I am a Subject Matter Expert for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) for the Medical Exercise Specialist certification, assisting with exam development.
My expertise includes working with individuals with the following medical conditions:
- back problems
- fibromyalgia and other chronic pain conditions
- inflammatory arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis
- orthopaedic conditions including joint replacement surgery
- non-acute sports injuries
- hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome
- cardiovascular disease
- frail elderly
- stroke and brain injury, including post-concussion syndrome
- physical disability and visual impairment
- autoimmune diseases, and HIV
- mental health issues such as depression and anxiety
I use evidence-based strategies to both help clients manage their medical problems; and to exercise in spite of their medical problems.